The Trail of Wooden Archi- tecture in the Sub-Carpathian voivodship is 1202 km long, and was divided into 9 routes. It features wooden Eastern Orthodox churches of diverse architectural forms, typical for the cultural borderland. The visitors will also find precious, historical churches and beautiful farm dwellings.There are old manor houses and industrial monuments.
The most beautiful and valuable Eastern Orthodox churches include:
- Saint Onuphrius church in Posada Rybotycka – the oldest preserved brick Orthodox church on the Polish territories.
- Church in Ulucz – erected in 1659, one of the oldest wooden Eastern Orthodox churches in Poland.
- Church in Równia – built at the beginning of the 17th c., now used as a church.
- Church in Hoszów – built in 1938, modelled on the Hutsul Orthodox churches in the so called Ukrainian national style.
- St. Michael Archangel’s Church in Smolnik – built in 1791 (in 2013 listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site).